Is your mind blown? Because mine is.
You're not dreaming. You're definitely reading this right. Healthy Mac & Cheese Bites are no longer just a figment if your imagination. They're here, they're real, and they're out-of-control good.
I teamed up with Banza Pasta to bring you these magic little Mac & Cheese bites. Here's the thing - I personally can't eat Banza right now at this stage in my Crohn's recovery due to the fact that it contains xantham gum. HOWEVER, and this is a big however, I used to eat Banza pasta all the time and know so many people who still do. As one of the healthiest alternatives to regular pasta on the market, Banza's chickpea pasta works for so many others and has a huge benefit for so many people. It's full of protein, fiber, and obviously, contains no gluten. I will only ever endorse companies that I believe in, and while I personally cannot eat Banza quite yet on this phase of the SCD diet, I still want to create recipes that can be enjoyed by all of YOU.
With that said, let's get to the good stuff. Oh, and can we just talk about that cheese pull?
HEALTHY BANZA PASTA MAC & CHEESE BITES
1. Cook the pasta according to the box (Banza Shells + Classic Cheddar)
2. While the pasta is cooking, in a separate saucepan, heat up 1/4 cup of Elmhurst Almond milk, the cheddar cheese package found within the Banza box, and 1/4 cup of shredded parmesan cheese
3. Once the pasta is cooked, combine it with the cheese sauce
4. Transfer the pasta to a baking dish and spread it evenly as to line the bottom of the pan
5. Freeze for 2 hours or until firm
6. In the meantime, preheat your oven to 350 and set up your breading station
7. For your breading station, fill two bowls with almond flour, salt, pepper, and paprika, and one bowl with beaten eggs
8. Once firm, cut the pasta into 1 inch squares - these will be the shape for your Mac & Cheese bites
9. Lightly coat the squares in the first bowl of almond flour, then dredge with egg, and then roll in the second bowl of almond flour
10. Place your coated Mac & Cheese bites onto a baking pan lined with parchment paper
11. Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown